In a couple of weeks time I will be back to university and to say it is life changing is an understatement, im going into the 2nd year of my Extended Media degree, but its my third year at uni as its an extended degree course the first year was similar to a college access course. I have met some fab people and friends for life even though i’m not actively doing as much as some people due to anxieties some have gone on to do greater things. Below is a post from a course friend who started uni last September feeling anxious and suffering nerves afraid of new situations etc but she climbed from her shell and over the year has been amazing here is her own words on what she has done in such a short space of time an inspiration to us all no matter what age you are.
Considering it is home time, I have a lot of incredible things that I am grateful for and that I can reflect upon. This summer I became the strongest and happiest version of myself. I have;
– Flew alone for the very first time✅
– Lived in Honesdale, Pennsylvania for 2 months✅
– Worked at a Special Needs Camp✅
– Came home for three weeks of family time and well-needed respite✅
– Travelled back to New York alone to see special people from camp✅
– Flew from New York -> New Orleans and travelled✅
– Travelled New Orleans -> Miami✅
– Travelled Miami -> North Carolina✅
– Took 2 flights on my own from North Carolina to reunite with my family in New York City✅
– Saw The Phantom of the Opera and Anastasia on Broadway✅
– Top of the Rock where I witnessed a proposal✅
– Fell in love with United States of America✅
A year ago it was overwhelming for me to even leave the house and do basic things without getting anxious. Standing where I am today, I can say there is so much more to life than being trapped by unrealistic thoughts; life is waiting to be lived, you just have to gain the courage to live it. In life there will always be moments where overcoming adversity seems to great of a challenge, but rock bottoms will teach you lessons that mountain tops can’t. I never thought I would be living proof that life can get so much better if you fight for it. This summer has only given me more ammunition to work hard for good results in my second year of University, and to work hard to earn the money to travel more. This summer will be one I will die remembering so vividly, and one I will always look back on with a full heart. I have always prided myself on being a person who refuses to live with regrets, and am so glad that I ignored my fears to create something wonderful. The things that will change you and your life will never be easy, but it will be worth every moment.
“You can be comfortable or courageous, but never both.”